Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome to Panda Beads

Welcome to Panda Beads. After spending many years living and working with different tribes in East Africa, I have found a way to give back. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer followed by 10 years in humanitarian aid work around the world. Spending time in East Africa allowed me to get to know the local women and their culture. Many of the women I met, and became friends with, spend hours making jewelry to support their families. Women are the backbone of African culture. I have decided to open up a channel to share their work with the rest of the world. These are incredible women and East Africa remains my true love. I work with a close friend in Kenya, who scouts high and low looking for the highest quality jewelry. I have decided to share my finds with you. When you find something you like please contact me at Pandabeads@gmail.com and I will be happy to make arrangements for payment and delivery.

No comments: